What is Page View (PV)?
Pageviews is the total number of pages viewed when it is displayed. In this case, repeated views of a single page will also be counted. For example, if a visitor accesses one page of your website, it is said to be one pageview. And when a visitor opens, for example, 5 articles or 5 website pages, it is 5 pageviews but the visitor remains 1. In short, the page viewed by the visitor. That is why the number of pageviews on the website is greater than the number of visitors.
The greater the number of pageviews you have, the greater the visitor’s interest in the content. That means it’s good for the development of your website.
Pageviews are one of the most common KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) that marketers use to know exactly how many times a particular website page has been viewed.
Once you know how important pageviews are, here are some tips you can do to increase your website’s pageviews:
- Topic Brainstorm. Before you start writing, take your time to brainstorm the topic. Write in depth about a topic because it is better to be a niche since it can make your website stands out on social media and Google
- Keyword Research. Do some research on the keywords you are going to write about.
- Answer User Needs. When writing content, make sure you answer the curiosity of your users
- SEO optimization, such as keyword placement, internal linking, headings, subheadings, etc.
- Share Backlinks, because Google likes websites that share links to other websites. This indicates that the website shared is legit and not spamming
- Fast-load Website, it will improve user experience (UX) while reducing bounce back.
The video below will explain you more about the difference between Pageviews, Users, and Sessions